The Publishing House of Kim Il Sung University evolved from the editorial department of Kim Il Sung University organized in November 1946 and it was founded on August 1, 1965.
The Publishing House of Kim Il Sung University, which has grown into a comprehensive publishing base for education, has developed into the core center of publishing books of higher education of the country in the course of implementing the educational policy of the Workers' Party of Korea and the theses on socialist education.
It publishes over 200 kinds of textbooks, reference books and magazines every year, thus contributing to the education of Kim Il Sung University and many other universities and actively promoting the scientific and technological development of the country.
The first collection of historical papers was published in October 1949. Bulletin of Kim Il Sung University has been published as a scientific and theoretical journal since September 1956.
Bulletin of Kim Il Sung University is an academic journal which is comprehensively composed of scientific research achievements of lecturers and researchers of Kim Il Sung University.
Bulletin of Kim Il Sung University is widely distributed at home and abroad on a regular basis as an academic journal.
The publishing house compiles and publishes textbooks and reference books suited to the features of the world's top university, and conducts the affairs to develop Bulletin of Kim Il Sung University into a world-class academic journal.